January is a great time of year to put your property on the market.
Millions of people visit the property portals like Rightmove and On The Market in January, because this is the time of year when we make life-changing decisions. We start new relationships, relocate, go freelance, commute or downsize – all of which tend to bring about a move.
People are heading back to work after Christmas and will browse the web to see what is on the market for their next move.
It is a period of high demand from buyers, but often low supply, which means if you decide to put your house on the market now, your property will stand out in the crowd, before it gets more saturated in Spring and Summer.
Top tips to help you sell your house at this time of year include:-
- Keeping the price competitive
- Being flexible with viewings: Daytime viewings are best – try Saturdays if weekdays are tricky.
- Making your property cosy. It sounds obvious but light the fire or turn up the central heating
- Put a mat or boot scraper by the door to save your carpets.
- Let in the light – Open curtains and clean windows to make rooms as light and airy as possible.
- Don’t forget the exterior: Make sure gutters and window frames are well maintained and clean.
- The garden is just as important in winter: Lawns should be cut and free of leaves. And although you may be thinking about storing tables, chairs and benches away for winter, it’s worth leaving them outside so buyers can see the space in action.
If you’re thinking of selling your house, call us on 01923 230302 for a no obligation valuation. We go the extra mile to ensure we get you the right buyer.