FINDING GREAT HOMES FOR EXCELLENT TENANTS
Great landlords want tenants who will treat their property as their own home and enjoy living there; and we believe that’s what great tenants want too… We know that it is not always easy to find somewhere you like, is affordable and meets any other criteria that you may have. But we do want to help you find the right place for you.
So we have put together this simple guide to help you be aware of what you need to do, prepare all the right information and present yourself well to a prospective landlord.
LOOKING FOR THE RIGHT PLACE FOR YOU
We always advise making a simple checklist of your ideal requirements first:
- Ease of travel to your place of work or study
- Number of rooms (depending on how many people will be living there)
- Do you want your own place or do you mind sharing?
- What is your budget for rent, food, bills etc?
- Any other preferences (are animals allowed, do you want a garden etc)
THE APPLICATION FOR TENANCY PROCESS
- After a viewing, the landlord agrees to accept you as a tenant
- The information you give is checked by an independent tenancy referencing agency
- A non-refundable deposit of £300 and reference fees of £80 (per adult) are paid in advance; along with a £95 tenancy fee (payable upon moving in). The £300 deposit will go towards the first month’s rent (subject to our normal terms)
- References are taken and thoroughly checked by us and the landlord
- A property inventory is checked and approved by you; representing the condition of the property
- You then sign the tenancy agreement, pick up the keys and move into your new home
Note: a driving license or passport will need to be shown as ID and a standing order mandate set up to cover the rent
COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY TO HAPPY TENANCY
Our job is to manage the relationship between tenants and their landlords and many years of experience have taught us that good, honest, open communication makes this work really well. So please keep us informed of any problems or changes in your circumstances; while you are looking for a place to live and after you have moved in.
If you have any questions about tenancy or have seen a place that you would like to view then please call one of our expert team on: 01923 230302